- To recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information repeatedly;
- To remember your username and password (if requested) so you don’t need to enter your details each time you visit the website;
- To provide a smooth and secure experience if you are purchasing a product or service via our digital platforms;
- To select and deliver content that is interesting and relevant to you;
- To record what people like and don’t like on the website and the popularity of different sections of the website so that we can ensure it works properly at points of high usage;
- To collect, measure and analyse statistical information about website traffic and use (for further information see “Analytics on our websites” section);
- To detect and track fraudulent or illegal activity;
- To select and deliver advertising that is interesting and relevant to you (for further information see “Advertising on our websites” section); and
- To link you to other affiliate websites and services.
We use third parties to deliver some of these services to you, who will also drop their own cookies, and you can find information regarding each of these third party vendors by clicking on the cookies button on the applicable website.
We use Google Analytics and other providers, to provide us with statistical information about use and traffic on our websites, mobile apps and social media platforms. These services use IP addresses and other information from cookies to tell us, for example, the number of page views, number of users, what browsers users are using, and location data of users. This statistical information allows us to understand our audiences, reach our target audiences, develop and customise our product and services, maximise compatibility for most of our users, and determine how much to charge for advertising.
For analytics, we collect and process your information on the basis of our legitimate business and operational interest.
Find out more information about our providers below:
Changing your settings
Broswer controls: you can choose how cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. The most popular browsers allow users to (a) accept all cookies, (b) notify you when a cookie is issued, or (c) not receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Mobile controls: most modern mobile devices provide advertising identifiers. You can control how these identifiers are used in the settings of your mobile device.
If you choose not to accept cookies, our websites may not function properly and certain services will not be provided to you. This may spoil your experience. Without cookies, you will still see content and advertising; it just won’t be personalised to your interests and preferences.